Its been an interesting couple of months, sweet baby.
Your maternal grandmother died on December 18, 2010. She had been in the hospital for a little while but her death was unexpected. So I definitely owe you a few catch up blogs.
First, a little about your grandmother, Geraldine Marie Ray Mazikowski.
You were her first grandchild and oh boy, did she treasure and spoil you. She came over ALOT when you were first born and then as mommy got more and more rest, she came over once or twice a week to spend time with you. Sadly, your mom was bad about taking pictures of the two of your together. Here is a picture of her holding you, right after you were born.
She was from Buffalo, NY. Which is very far north from here. Buffalo actually has a bridge that takes you to Canada.
She was a vocalist. Belonged to the Buffalo Philharmonic Schola Cantorum before she moved to Florida.
She was Irish. Very much so. Her dad's family is from County Cork, Ireland. They left for America during the famine. She had beautiful green blue eyes that many Irish women have. She gave them to me and it appears at this point in your life, I gave them to you (which since green is recessive to brown eyes, which daddy has, is a small gift).
Finally, the last time she saw you, was the happiest I had seen her in the hospital. I needed to bring her some supplies and you were with me. Originally, I thought we would have to leave them at the nurses station but we were allowed in her room. You smiled and laughed when she played peak a boo with you and I watched it warm her heart. Every time a nurse came in the room when you were there, she told them that YOU "were the light of her life"
So where you will won't remember her, just know that she loved you very, very much.
I do too.
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment